Intro to G Suite » History » Version 3
Janine Ko, 11/04/2019 06:04 PM
h1. Introduction to G Suite - Borealis
Welcome to G Suite! We've created a Google account for you, which includes a suite of different tools including:
* Google Drive
Borealis now owns and manages all accounts that end with @borealisphilanthropy.org.
Your email can be accessed here: http://gmail.com/
Google has created a "pretty comprehensive guide":https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9297685?hl=en&ref_topic=9259942 to Gmail's web functionality. We'll be walking through these parts in the webinar.
* Create and send email:
* Organizing your inbox: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9260550
Google also has a "guide to its web interface that is specific to former Outlook users.":https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9297879?hl=en&ref_topic=9259764) that you can consult if you're looking to replicate certain Outlook functionality.
h2. Google Calendar
Your calendars can be accessed here: https://calendar.google.com/
Google's made "this comprehensive guide":https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9302892 to Calendars. We'll be walking through these parts in the webinar.
* Schedule events: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9282963
* Share and view calendars: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9282964
There are "some differences":https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/156594?visit_id=637062370428804058-1250298528&rd=1 between Outlook and Google Calendars.
h2. Google Drive
You can access your Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/
Google's "guide to Google Drive is here.":https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2424384?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop We'll be walking through these parts of it in the webinar.
* Creating and editing files: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2424368
* Sharing files and folders, transferring ownership: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822
* Uploading files: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2424368
h3. Setting up Google Drive Filestream