Amazon SES for CiviCRM » History » Version 2
Amazon SES for CiviCRM¶
If you're visiting this page and distressed by its incompleteness - rest assured that we HAVE successfully set up Amazon SES on EC2 for a client. However, we didn't document it - this page is to capture the documentation from setting up SES in January 2015 for a new client.
Pre-requisites: DNS access
- Have client sign up for Amazon AWS, which involves credit cards, identity verification, etc.
- Ideally, have them click on "SES" at the AWS console, to do the phone verification.
- Log onto AWS, select SES. Note that you only have sandbox access at this time.
- Click on "SMTP Settings" on the left, record the server info, generate SMTP credentials and record those too.
- Click on "Verified Senders: Domains". Click "Verify a new Domain". Enter the client's domain name; also click "Generate DKIM settings".
- Download these credentials, don't just copy/paste from the screen, because they tend to get cut off.
- Update the DNS with the verification credentials.
- NOTE: This will likely take several hours, even after DNS has propagated.
- Also add your own e-mail address the the verified sender - email address list. This just requires receiving a verification email.